Terms of Reference
The Advisory Group for the Genomic Medicine Foundation (UK) is convened with the following ‘Conditions
and Terms of Reference’
The overriding aim of the GMF-UK Advisory Group is to work together to achieve the main aim of the Foundation- ‘promotion of genomic applications in medicine, healthcare and socio-economic progress’.
Structure of the Group
- Members of the Group are selected on the basis of respective skills in genetic/genomic medicine,
genetic counselling, genome technology, bio-ethics, social sciences and economics.
- The group includes 12 members, including two lay persons to represent public and/or media.
- Out of ten professionals, 5 are selected from outside the UK.
- Each member is nominated/ selected to serve a minimum period of 3 years.
- Any member can only serve for a maximum of 6 years on the Group.
Remit of the Group
- To share views and opinion on the Foundation’s fellowship and scholarship programme.
- To promote and advise on setting high standards for delivering the global genomic education and training
- To advise on the theme and selection of material for Foundation’s publications
- To advise or participate in one or more specific projects highlighting the genomic applications in medicine
and health care.
- To advise on Foundation’s efforts for fund raising, for example grant applications, targeting potential
donors, Gift Aid, and any other resources.
The Genomic Medicine Foundation (UK)
Contd. GMF-UK: Advisory Group 2
Membership of the Group
- Professor Sir Munir Pirmohamed, Liverpool, UK (Patron of the Foundation)
- Professor Dhavendra Kumar, London/Cardiff, UK (Medical Director/ CEO of the Foundation)
- Professor Patricia Munroe, London, UK (WHRI, QMUL)
- Professor Clare Morgan, Swansea, Wales, UK
- Professor Edward Tobias, Glasgow Scotland, UK
- Professor Clara Gaff, Melbourne, Australia
- Professor Carmencita Padilla, Manila, Philippines
- Dr. T. Thangraj, CCMB & CFDF, Hyderabad, India
- Dr. Raj Ramesar, Cape Town, South Africa
- Dr. Madhuri Hegde, Perkin Elmer, USA
Lay Members (Subject to confirmation)
- Mr. John Jolly, Founder, The Sudden Arrhythmic Death Syndrome Charity, UK (SADS-UK)
- Ms. Christine McNamee, Pharmacogenomics and Precision Medicine Support Group, UK